YOUR Essential Action Plans
Your Essential Action Plans
You’re not alone if the mere mention of Health and Safety, data protection, GDPR, legal compliance, and paperwork invokes feelings of apathy, anxiety, confusion, frustration, or even overwhelm.
Besides, you’re far too busy to devote the time and attention to it at the moment, so you put it off for another week, or month, or six…..
If any of the following resonate with you…..
- you know you have to do it, you just keep putting it off
- it’s not your area of expertise
- it’s not interesting to you. At. All.
- you don’t know where to start
- you don’t really know what you have to do
- you’ve not had any accidents at work, so everything’s working as it should be
- everyone’s stressed at the moment, it’s just life
- you have access to a bunch of free forms through some membership club but you’ve never actually used any of them
- and you’d actually like to get this aspect of your business sorted once and for all…
….. let’s talk!
We’ve developed the following tailor-made Action Plans (also known as Strategies) to help you focus on an essential area of your business, guiding you through a simple process that enables you to easily and effectively implement the required changes and improvements.
The good news is that you don’t have to tackle them all in one go (unless you want to)!
They’re intended to be your overarching business strategy in the relevant areas, and will easily dovetail into any existing systems you’re using.
Many of our Action Plans are concentrated on one key business area, although the SHEQ Action Plan combines Occupational Health & Safety with Environmental and Quality elements helping to create an integrated system.
Health and Safety has often been described as the “Golden Thread” that runs through every aspect of business and when embraced fully can bring significant benefits to your organisation – financially, legally and morally.
If you have any questions about any of our Action Plans, we’d be more than happy to discuss how they could help you and your business.
It's not unusual for business owners to come to us with very little in place, and feeling anxious. Within 3 months of working with us, our clients are normally at least 80% legally compliant, and in a much stronger position with their business generally.
YOUR Data Protection Action Plan
Your action plan will ensure the collection, processing and storage of personal information is effective, efficient, and legally compliant with Data Protection and GDPR requirements.
YOUR Environmental Action Plan
A review of how your processes, procedures and decisions are negatively impacting the environment and your business, and an easy-to-implement improvement strategy.
YOUR Health & Safety Action Plan
A fit-for-purpose, realistic and practical approach to identify, control, and manage work-related hazards and risks in your business with the aim of preventing accidents and serious incidents.
YOUR Health & Wellbeing Action Plan
A strategic approach to help you identify, improve, and manage the elements of your business that negatively impacts the health and wellbeing of your workers.
YOUR Quality Action Plan
A roadmap that not only considers the happiness of your customers, but the efficiency and efficacy of the processes and systems that operate behind the scenes of your business.
YOUR SHEQ Essentials Action Plan
Combining the elements of Health and Safety, Health and Wellbeing, Environment, and Quality, this action plan will aim to reduce accidents and incidents, worker absence, business waste, and improve back-office processes to drive efficiency.
Scroll down to learn more
Is an Action Plan right for you?
You’ll probably already know that you had legal obligations the moment you set up your business – like registering for tax and getting your insurances in place – but did you know that when you reach 5 employees your duties ramp up a gear when it comes to health and safety at work?
And with changes in the law that affect all aspects of business on an almost monthly basis, it can be difficult to keep up to date with everything.
- you’re feeling stuck or are suffering from information overload
- you don’t know exactly what you should be looking for, or where to find it easily
- you feel unsure about what is relevant to you and your business
- the thought of legal compliance and risk management (or even just health and safety) makes you want to stick pins in your eyes and wish it would just go away
- you don’t really want to be dealing with a junior advisor operating from a call centre
- you’d like to know more about this aspect of this business and how it ACTUALLY applies to you
our Essential Action Plans have been created with you in mind!
How the Essential Action Plans can help you
Each of the Essential Action Plans combines our skill and expertise with your business knowledge to produce a suite of legally compliant documents (including policies, procedures, processes, and other supporting materials) which you can use to create or bolster your overarching management system (ie how you manage your business from the Boardroom down to the ‘shop-floor’).
Not only will you be able to confidently demonstrate legal compliance, it’s also a great way to improve your business prospects and win those coveted new contracts!
What’s included in the Essential Action Plans?
Because you and your business is unique and this is not something an “off the shelf” or “one size fits all” solution will work, the following items have been listed as an example only and will appear in the appropriate Action Plan(s):
- Health & Safety Policy
- Health & Wellbeing Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Sustainability Policy
- Quality Policy
- Accident, Incident, Near Miss Reporting Procedure
- Customer Complaints Procedure
- One task specific Risk Assessment and Method Statement
- Emergency Preparedness Procedure
- Supporting procedures, processes, and forms
- A Roadmap (your step-by-step plan) clearly identifying what needs to be done, with suggested timescales
- Bonus information to further support your end goals
As part of the evaluation process, any documentation you already have will be reviewed, and anything you need (and don’t need) will be identified. Our Action Plans will take this into account.
How does this work?
We will be working through our specially developed 6-Stage process which will take us from the Planning Stage, through the Implementation Stage and out the other side to the Continual Improvement Stage.
At each stage there will be actions that will need to be completed. Some actions will be standalone, some will be “quick wins”, whilst others may require a step or two to be completed before you can progress.
The Action Plan and supporting Roadmap will be broken down into easy-to-follow steps or actions that you can do yourself, or confidently delegate.
We’ll provide information, instruction and training as appropriate throughout each stage.
To help keep you motivated and engaged, we’ll hold regular (weekly, fortnightly or monthly) 1:1 coaching, consultation and/or progress sessions – either in person or via Zoom.